DACA “Wind-Down” Details
Thanks to fellow immigration attorney Jessica Piedra (jpiedralaw.com) for summarizing the details of the new DACA Wind-Down Memo:
- Initial applications already filed will be processed
- New initial applications will be rejected
- Renewals already filed will be processed
- Current DACAs that expire on/before March 5, 2018 can renew until October 5, 2017.
Current DACA holders
- DACA holders can keep their status and work permits until they otherwise expire
Travel Permits/Advance Parole
- Those that have Advance Parole travel permits now – not canceled (JCP: not a good idea to travel now, consult an attorney before leaving)
- No new Advance Parole travel permit applications accepted
- Pending Advance Parole travel permit applications will be closed and fees will be refunded.
Here’s the text of the actual memo: